|The road was chartered in February
1860. The 3-mile long road was intended to connect Columbus, Texas to the
Buffalo Bayou, Brazos & Colorado RR. The connection would be in
Alleytown and required a ferry across the Colorado River until a bridge
could be built in the future. The road was completed in 1864 (after the
Government provided the iron); the
bridge, well after the war. The road had no rolling stock and was
serviced by the B. B., B. & C. RR.
||Not listed (map)
||3 miles of 4 foot 8 inch gauge, T-rail was
almost certainly used, but that detail and the rail weight are unknown.